Saturday, January 30, 2010

Girl Before A Mirror




I look at myself in the mirror and I like what I see.

I see someone who takes up more space than she used to but I also see

long, blond hair that turns my husband on.

I see blue eyes that try to look for the best in all people.

I see a nose that loves the aroma of my mom’s peanut butter cookies.

I see full lips that like to sing praises to Christ Jesus.

I see two ears that delight in the sound of my children’s laughter.

I see shoulders that sometimes feel the weight of the world.

I see two strong arms that ache to hold a newborn just one more time.

I see breasts that nourished and nurtured three miracles.

I see a waist that can still be embraced in my husband’s arms.

I see full hips that made the perfect seat for a curious baby.

I see long legs that will stand up for what is right.

I see feet that will go the extra mile for those I love.

3 comments:

  1. I discovered you from PT and really enjoyed hearing all you had to say! Your experience and wisdom will help many others.
    Glad to see you are continuing your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are BEAUTIFUL! And you've inspired me to take a different look at myself. Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings,
    If you're interested in homeschooling, courtship, quiverfull issues, child-raising, politics, and spiritual inspiration (or if there are people in your homeschool support group who are), try a free, no obligation issue of SALT Magazine. If you haven't tried SALT yet, all we need is a name and mailing address to send you a free issue. Or, you can check out our website (saltmagazine.com) and sign up for a free issue online. We have been publishing SALT for over 12 years now and have given away thousands of no obligation (there will be no bill sent) magazines.
    Cindy and I have been homeschooling since 1991. We have 13 children and all have been homeschooled. Most of all, we are believers in Jesus Christ and you can check out our statement of faith on our website.
    - In the Vine, Jim & Cindy

    ReplyDelete

So, whatcha think?