Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thursday


Thank you Lynn for this Thankful Thursday meme. Join in the gratfulness by clicking on her name of the picture under Thursday at the left and follow the guidelines.
1. Thankful for new mercies every morning. Some days just don't end on such a good note but after a night of sleep things always look a bit less daunting the next day. This comes from Jesus.
2. My children are healthy! Thank you God for protecting them and keeping them safe and healthy.
3. I'm so thankful to be the mom of these kids. They are precious. They are awesome creatures. I enjoy watching them grow into who God wants them to be. Do I feel like I'm being pecked to death by chickens? Yes, most days in fact. However, I'm the MAMA HEN and I know they're just trying to find their way.
4. Thank you God for our freedom. I believe it was Thomas Jefferson that said, "A government that is big enough to give you everything you want it big enough to take away everything you have." Scary thought. I appreciate that I have the freedom to worship and follow Jesus Christ. I am thankful that I have the freedom to educate my children here at home and teach them the most important lessons.
5. My husband. Oh how I love that man! He inspires me. He makes me laugh. He protects me. He supports me and my hairbrained ideas. He adores me and makes me feel like I am worth more than rubies and diamonds!
6. My part time job. It's perfect for this time in my life and I truly enjoy the work.
7. My itsy bitsy house. You've heard the saying, "Love grows best in little houses." Well, if that is true (and it is) there is so much lovin' goin' on 'cause this house is tiny! Little homes are nice because: you don't "lose" anyone, there isn't much to keep up with and you have to remember not to acquire too much "stuff", and everyone knows when supper is ready!
8. My desire to exercise. Thank you Lord for putting this desire in my heart. It makes taking a daily walk or going to Curves much easier when the desire is there. Exercise has helped improve my health: my blood pressure has gone down and I was able to cut my meds by half, I've lost about 12 pounds and 13.5 inches!! and my mind is clearer and firing with all cylinders now. Yay!
9. Thank you Lord for that very first Garden. . . Eden. When I read about the paradise you gave Adam and his helpmate Eve I long for something similar in my back yard. Okay...so it won't be that wonderful (nothing will be that wonderful until Christ Jesus returns) but I do thank you for the hobby of gardening--growing food and flowers. Dirt smells so good and so...so...earthy! Dirt feels so good on my hands and the shower at the end of a day of gardening and yard work is refreshing...kinda like those mercies that are new every day.
10. Thank you for excellent homeschool curriculum choices! Apologia's BOTANY is an awesome go-along with real-live gardening in the Spring and Summer! Beyond FIAR is so full of important stuff to hang in our minds! I love that it all comes from reading kids' books and reaching for more!
11. Sunshine! Lord, the winter is so long for me. I struggle January, February, and March and those three months seem like they take forever! I am so thankful for more hours of sunlight. I feel like a totally new person come April and when May hits...I'm beyond thrilled.
12. Cell phones. I like being able to text and chat with Morgan even when she is in class. I am thankful that she is just a speed dial button away and that I'm number #2 on her list of speed dials. These past two years of college for her have been terribly hard and Lord, I thank for your keeping us connected through technology.
13. Blogging! Silly as that may be I am thankful for this outlet. I can write what I want (freedom of speech!!), and I have a place to store my thoughts. It's a great place to reflect.

5 comments:

  1. Great list of blessings! Happy Thankful Thursday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list of thankfulness! I can heartily agree with most of them -- I don't homeschool or garden. I do have an itsy bitsy house - at least for my family of 5.

    God bless and I love your attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have quite a list! Isn't it great?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have a great list... Filled up and overflowing...

    I am finally getting over to your place for Thankful Thursday…. Last week. Yikes, I am a bit behind. Thank you for honoring the Lord with your Thankful heart. I will see you again this Thursday. Hugs

    PS. I forgot the computer tip last week but have a good one for this week.

    ReplyDelete

So, whatcha think?