Wednesday, May 6, 2009

S'mores Anyone?

In a moment of solemn remorse I confessed to my sister homeschooling moms to lowering myself to toasting a marshmallow over an electric burner on my stove with a meat fork. I know. I know. But I was desperate! So desperate in fact, that I did it two more times that day. (It does work quite well.) My dear friend Robin had this to say:

Oney, I've been thinking this over and realized that even though you did confess, some chastisement is still in order here. After all, as a homeschool mom, you really should have used a magnifying class to concentrate the light from a home-made candle (I'm sure your backyard bees are producing enough beeswax in their hive) to toast that marshmallow. The toasting time should have been recorded, and compared to the toasting times of subsequent marshmallows, including those of commercial marshmallows versus home-made marshmallows. After you charted the toasting times, you should have re-created the activity for photos, which you then would have used to illustrate your final presentation. You should have included in your presentation a biography of Milton Hershey, as well as the results of your field research on growing grain and producing authentic graham flour for making crackers. I'm sure you'll remember these little details next time.
Robin was shoulding all over me! LOL

(Next time I will wallow in guilt by myself *wink*wink* all while enjoying each crumb, sticky puff and dribble of gooey chocolate. )



No comments:

Post a Comment

So, whatcha think?