Thursday, January 31, 2008

Living

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Living
If I had only a few months to live I would not travel...



alone. I would ask my children and husband where they wanted to go and we would take many mangificent trips--all of us--laughing, taking pictures, finding utter JOY in each and every second.

I would not sleep...



alone.I would buy the biggest bed available and the most comfy pj's and the softest blankets for each of us and we'd all sleep together, cuddle, pray, cry and rest.

I would not eat...



alone. I would cook with my kids and we'd make sure we had all of our favorites well stocked even if they weren't health foods. We would savor every bite and every sip while looking across the table into each others' souls.

And I certainly wouldn't waste time reading books...



alone. I would pile the best of the best books all around us and I would read to them with enthusiasm, without yawns. I would bring the books to life with character voices and rhythm and intonation and inflection so that my voice would be impressed upon their minds.

I would not sing...



alone.I would have our favorite praise music playing and we would all sing and learn the words and praise Him for the time and love we were able to share.

I would not take pictures of my kids...



alone. I would have someone else take pictures of me and my husband and my kids: living, eating, traveling, reading, singing, praying, laughing, loving and living all together.

I would not let my kids go out to play...



alone. I would run, jump, ride dirt bikes, fish, hunt, shop, cook, make lists, play board games, play tag, play cars, play beauty shop, play Barbies~anything they wanted to play I'd be first in line. One game I wouldn't play would be hide and seek.

I would not pray or go to church...



alone. My kids wouldn't go to Sunday School or Children's Church or Youth Group. Instead, we would be in the sanctuary, sitting in the same pew, holding hands, lifting them to our Father worshipping and praising Him for our life together.

I would not die...



alone. I would have my loved ones surrounding me and as the Savior came for me I would lift up my arms and reach for Him and my loved ones would see the pure joy light upon my face and they would know that I was in paradise with the Father. I would wait for them in Heaven and would pray they wouldn't live another day...



alone.

1 comment:

So, whatcha think?